Középkori téglaégető / Medieval brick kiln

A Szent Péter templom Zala­ patak felöli oldalán fellelt épít­mény maradványait az 1980-as években tárták fel Valter Ilona régész vezetésével. A kemen­cét az agyagos domboldalba építették, oldalfa­lát az átégetett agyagfal alkotja. Fűtőcsatornája keményre át­égetett agyag. Használatának korát a belőle előkerült edénytöredékek, kályhacsempék az 1500-as évek elejére keltezik. Kétméretű téglát égettek benne, melyek megegyeznek a vár tégláinak méreteivel. Az őriszentpéteri kemence olyan boksakemence, amelynek alul egy méter magasságig az átégetett agyagfal szilárd oldalfalat biztosít. Föléje védőépületet emeltek, jelenleg szabadon látogatható.

The remains of a building on the Zala-stream side of the St. Peter Church had been unearthed in the 1980s under the leadership of the archaeologist Ilona Valter. The kiln was built into the clayey hillside, its back wall s formed by the baked clay wall. lts heating channel s a material baked very hard. Based on the analysis of the unearthed remains of pots and stove tiles it is estimated that the kiln had been in use at the beginning of the 1500s. Bricks of two different sizes were baked in this kiln and these sizes are the same as those of the castle's bricks. The kiln at Őriszentpéter was a charcoal pile burning kiln, the firm sidewall of which up to a height of 1 m from the bottom had been formed by the baked-through clay wall. A protective structure has been built over the kiln that can be freely visited at present.